Recent Articles

Thursday, September 23, 2010

MBFW - Edition by Georges Chakra Spring 2011

Showing his collection for the fourth time at MBFW, Edition by George Chakra is usually my favorite show to attend. This year was no different.

This was my first show inside The Stage at the Lincoln Center and I was so glad I had seats because it's a tight one. At first glance you noticed there are NO chairs - it's bleacher style. Which can be cute but not so much for a girl with "baby making" hips. Once I got situated and moved a little closer I eagerly awaited the start of the show.

Although I must admit it did take a few moments for all the elements of his show to "click" for me.

 

 

 

 


Weaving, golds, bright disco blues, crisp whites, and majestic purples - his spring collection screamed elegant and uber chic. The background decor on the model entrance had a woven design, each piece was woven across the chest and/or waist, and the hair was in a neat yet sloppy fishtail braid - cute cute cute! I tweeted a big "eww" for this hair at first but it SO fit and I recant my tweet!

What a way to bring back an old hair trend! As each model got closer you could see the details - straps that criss-crossed more like a woven basket. How clever is all I could say.


Check out some of my fav pieces.


 

Once the show was over I rushed to the front just get snap these pics!

Look who was front row - Kelly Rowland! She even stopped to take pics with a few kids (although I asked myself several times - who brings kids to Fashion Week?)

Loving that hair - I wish my head was a little smaller, LOL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger