Recent Articles

Thursday, September 23, 2010

MBFW: Catherine Malandrino Spring 2011 Collection

Catherine Malandrino has mastered the art of fusing styles. Her Spring 2011 collection combines bohemian chic and urban fab. So imagine how elated I was to hear that ICONOGRAPHY the magazine received an invite to the presentation. I was a little sad because presentations generally aren't as fun and exciting but Catherine did not disappoint.

As I walked up the escalators from the train I immediately entered the Avery Fisher Hall adjacent to the tents at the Lincoln Center. On my second step into the building the Bon Appétit greeter abruptly says “Catherine Malandrino is outside!” She must have known I wasn't spending $15 on 1/2 of a sandwich and a cup of soup. Outside!, I yelled to myself. But it’s raining and damp outside, my bella tresses are barely holding on in this weather. I shrugged my shoulders and trotted outside in my new fav heels from Torrid.com. I notice that the rain was now at a light trickle and in came a light breeze that hovered over each model standing on “pedestals” around the water. WOWSERS! How cute, huh?!

Once I got past the PR girls screaming at one another I quickly spotted another fav of mine – model Sessilee Lopez. Dressed in nearly all black with her hands in her pockets. She gave the photographers (including me) a slight smile. I tried to snap a candid of her boyfriend, Wesley, who was sitting across the grass – claim to fame “Model City” on Centric TV. He was a bit thrown off by huge Sony digital camera, that fits in the palm of hand, because he threw up his “No more pictures a$$hole” hand. He must have thought I worked for TMZ. (whatever dude)

As I walked around the models I became more intrigued by each piece. I examined each model (like Christina Yang does each of her patients) blurting out to my partner “get the accessories!” There were boots, and bags, and huge statement necklaces, detailed denim jackets, and just layers of clothes. Each piece was universally made for every fashionista with style.

The best part about her presentation was that there were hundreds of industry professionals there for your convenience for over an hour. In my travels around I met June Ambrose (who is such a humble diva), Keisha Whitaker, and Phillip Bloch. Check out the interviews on youtube.

 

 

Keep scrolling to take a peak at some of my fav looks of the collection.

Look at how the dresses just flow through the breeze!

Don't sleep on these accessories, it's easy to get caught up in the garment!

My favorite piece of them all. I love how the jumpsuit in "jumping" back in style.

Denim Jackets to die for!

Do you see the details? *I just died*

Those sandals! I need to be on vacation with them NOW.

My favorite fashion week chic - Sessilee Lopez

The designer even answered ONE question for me! Check out ICONOGRAPHY the magazine's NYFW special edition this Friday to see what she had to say!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were soooo many folks there, if you attended and we didn't meet let's get together in February during MBFW and have a drink on them. Ciao Bella.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger