Recent Articles

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Evolution of Plus Model Crystal Renn

There's no denying her beauty, her catwalk grace, or even or fab personality but there's definitely a lot that's not being said about her weight.

Crystal Renn is or was a plus model. Here recently she sported swim wear during the Gottex Spring 2011 MBFW show and appeared to fit in just fine with your normal "straight" models.

In July 2010, Renn appeared to be bothered by the photo above shot by photographer Nicolas Routzen. “I was shocked,” Renn says. “When I saw the pictures, I think I’ve been silent for five minutes, the eyes of my mouth open. I do not know what was done to the picture or the person who did it, but they look touched up to me."

I attended the Gottex MBFW show and I can confirm she is no longer plus size in my big fat book. Is this an agency decision? Smaller, sometimes anorexic thin, models book the most major campaigns. It's a clear conflict with her first book - Hungry: A Young Model's Story of Appetite, Ambition, and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves. I don't see much left to embrace here Crystal.

She is reportedly now a size 10, but I beg to differ. I believe cameras put on an extra 10 pounds (they do it to me all the time). So that leaves her at a size 6? I'm just saying. Maybe we should add a new model category - straight, average, and then plus?

Take a look at her evolution or weight struggle - whatever you want to call it. LOL

I can't be mad at her because most women I know struggle with their weight, including myself. I send her a huge congrats anyways, I guess being a size 10 on the runway is as close as the Fatosphere will get. Renn says, “I’m freaking out. Zac is one of the ones you want. Zac, Calvin and Marc are the big three. I booked one of my three.” She said Posen “wants women to be able to fit [into his clothes] and to be able to buy them. They’re making the clothes for my size and everything. This is how fashion should be.”

Gosh we do miss the fat Crystal Renn - fairwell fat gurl and stay away from those cupcakes!


Don't miss a blog post! Enter your email address:

 

4 comments:

Mikeal Aaron said...

When she came down the runway at the Gottex show you should have heard all of the photographers. They where yelling as well as myself - YES! YES! I think this is more of what people really want to see. You very rarely get that reaction with straight models.

AssuntaAssunta said...

seriously, what is wrong with people thinking average is plus size...i adore the clothes at Torrid. they really are super cute and trendy.

HeyBella said...

Yea I agree with you both! I just wish that we celebrated women of size in a different light. It's really making me want to change my blog focus but who needs ANOTHER blogger fussing about why we're still fat & the folks who aren't making clothes for us!

Yayaya said...

She most definitely is not plus size anymore. I don't really understand why plus size in stores is 14 and up but plus size on the runway is 8-12 at the most. She doesn't look plus size anymore. A soft 4 or a 6 maybe.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger