Recent Articles

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Jones Awards presented by My Black Is Beautiful

During my NYFW visit, a good friend of mine from the Foot Steps Group invited me to The Jones Awards, an event presented by My Black Is Beautiful, Jones Magazine, and The North Star Group.

The event was held at the Alvin Citigroup Theater and honored Supermodel Sessilee Lopez, Sam Fine and Byron Lars for their commitment to diversity and excellence in Fashion and Beauty.

At first glance you could see the success in the venue. Sheryl Lee Ralph, Sam Fine, Deborah Cox, Tatyana Ali, A.J. Crimson (Celebrity Makeup Artist), BJ Coleman (celebrity PR), Michaela Angela Davis, Pras (formerly of the Fugees), Renee Neufville (formerly of Zhane) were just a few of the celebrities in attendance. The best part about this event was the intimacy. You actually stood and mingled with the best of the best in the industry.

Check out a few snaps from the event!

Publisher Londell McMillan from The North Star Group

(Oh how I love technology!)

Sam Fine accepting his award.

Byron Lars accepting his award.

Of course Sessilee Lopez was working at NYFW so she sent her sister to accept on her behalf.

We all love swag bags right! I walked away with what is now my favorite duffel bag, which had tons of goodies inside (a MBIB tee, Pantene shampoo and conditioner and a few other products).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met several "movers and shakers" in the industry but the highlight of the evening was a performance and touching short story by Sheryl Lee Ralph. I felt like I was at a broadway play.

With the awesome seating my friend reserved for me I was able to capture it on video.

Take a look and please leave your thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger