Recent Articles

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Must Haves


As the cool breeze enters my apartment I am reminded that Fall is here!! So it's time to beef up my wardrobe with new fall trends. The tricky part is finding them in MY SIZE!

I am trying really hard not to turn this into another "angry fat gurl" blog so I will just shout out all the brands that I support and love! Not the ones that make me puke!

 

 

 

First I need a good jacket. It was uber cold last season and I think it's gonna be even worst this winter. Just in case we get another 36 inches this winter I want to be prepared!

 

This coat will put a huge dent in my savings but it's uber chic and I think it will be great for fashion week this February.

Monif C - $355.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Jumpsuit

 

I get a little jealous when a trend comes around and I cannot find it to fit over all of my curves - but looky here! A jumpsuit. Not sure if ALL my curvy divas should run out and buy this but I am!

Monif C - $198.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE LACE DRESS

 

Celebs have been rocking lace everything for the past 2 seasons so it's only right that I catch up and get me a LBD in lace!

Kiyonna - $158.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Big Sweater

 

I usually get hot all too quick but I think a big over-sized sweater can be an good replacement for a coat during trips to NY. No one wants to carry their jacket around. But a sweater ...

OneStopPlus.com $39.99-$44.99

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Leopard Print "something"

 

Since I am a curvy diva I refuse to wear prints above my ankle. Before I submit to any trend it has to make sense on my body and a leopard shirt or dress ain't for me. But since I am a "self- proclaimed fashionista", I must purchase something with an animal print!

Bakers - $79.95

 

 

 

 

 

 

An over the knee boot

Yes, this fiesty boot is trendy for this fall season AGAIN. What better to sexy-up your plain black leggings and over-sized sweater than with these!

Bakers - $99.95

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lace up boots / Military

I go back and forth with some fashion friends. And to heel or no heel is a constant battle for me. But I love both styles and no matter what your mood is both are uber chic.

Bakers $49.99 (heels) $79.99 (flats)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A loafer pump

 

Loafers are officially the new fall style for pumps. Grab them in glitter to add a little "saucy chic" too it.

Miu Miu - $695.00 (definitely need a sponsor for these)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sequin something!


Sparkle, glitter, and shine is still in for the Holiday season. If done right even us curvy divas will turn heads at the party!

Tadashi Shoji  - $408.00 (at Bloomies)

I saw his collection at MBFW and now that I know he designs for me too, I so love him more!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Faux Fur

 

You don't want anyone throwing any red paint on you so opt for a faux fur. Nice option for a coat when traveling.

Michael Kors - $139.50 (at Bloomies)

I think I am going to order this NOW! I loves it! MK is my fav luxe brand of all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A leather skirt

 

That's right! She's back - the leather skirt. You thought we left her in the 90's didn't you. Or wait was that 1980? Either way she's here and ready.

IDK if I am going to be able to rock this trend. I just wanted to keep you informed, LOL.

Jules Plus Size Miltary leather pencil skirt - $195.00 (at Bloomies)

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

And shout out to plus model Crystal Renn - she sure is collecting those checks, skinny or not!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A soft & silky blouse

 

I am not personally a fan of this trend but this model and picture is everything! It's so simple and chic.

It goes to show that a good photograph will make you want to buy something even it's not the right trend for you.

Jules plus size over-sized silk blouse - $130.00 (at Bloomies)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I could go on and on and this would be the longest trend blog post in history so I will leave you with this. Remember that being stylish and trendy is personal. It's all about how you wear it and how confident you appear. So keep your chin up when you walk and don't let your heels make that annoying "clunk" sound.

Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger