Recent Articles

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Freaknik The Musical" on Cartoon Network

T-Pain's "Freaknik The Musical" debuts tonight on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. I remember attending FreakNik in Philly and it was beyond hilarious. So I am extremely curious to see what T-Pain has in store. I was wondering how long the rap-sing-autotune gig was going to last.

T-Pain tells the New York Times, "There was so much negativity around the idea of Freaknik that we felt like we should push the envelope and make it even more negative".

I feel another Boondocks-ish cartoon brewing! I will try to stay awake long enough to see it! If you catch it before I do, please comment!

(SO BLAH!)

3 comments:

iamtybrown said...

If you are looking for some really ignorant television - Here lies Freaknik! The first episode opens with a scene of Kid N Play - totally funny! Then an older cartoon version of Lil John begins to reminisce about "Freaknik". Fellas will LOVE the excessive booty animation! Freaknik's voice is of course an auto-tune version of T-Pain (or is that how he really talks). The most funniest part was definitely the "Boule" which included voices from Jesse Jackson, Reverend Sharpton, and Bill Cosby. Or it might have been the usage of the name Obamanesha! (WTF)

After the first 5 minutes it begins to loose me but I sucked it up and made it through the entire episode (a few funny line but I was hoping for more). I'm not sure if I'll be back but I give a 3 stars just off ignorance alone. Beware its NO Boondocks!!

Sherita said...

I wanted to watch this! Guess I will catch it next time ;)

Embassy said...

Plain and simple, Freaknik: The Musical was thee most ignant (not ignorant) thing I've seen so far this year. Without giving too much away you will hear & see some of the most stereotypical things ever greenlighted to be on television. I would be a total hypocrite to say I didn't find a few things funny because I have a sense of humor, but there's a thin line between pushing the envelope and being crass. Signing out.... Trap Jesus lol.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger