Recent Articles

Monday, October 4, 2010

Save Your Breasts (and other parts that Cancer kills)

This weekend I run/jog/walked the Susan G Komen RACE FOR THE CURE. It was an amazing experience and I will definitely be back next year with my team of gorge gals to represent HeyBellaBlog!

Can you believe that I was one of 29,000 people participating in the race? There were people running, walking, people in wheelchairs, some people brought their dogs, people wearing pink wigs, brought pink flags, and of course pink Ravens fans! Organizers say the event is expected to raise $3 million for breast cancer research and support programs. Wowsers! Take a look at my journey to that finish line.

Lynn Brick from Brick Bodies Gym (where I faithfully go now) opened with a warm up for everyone! ZUMBA...

Been up since 5am - that's the best face I could give!

JaBooBoo (LOL) and Tiara (one of my fav Tweethearts!)

The team I joined (Western High School) won an award, and this heavy yet uber cool banner, for the new school with the most members. GO WESTERN!

Catholic High won with the most members - it was green EVERYWHERE!

And we're off!

There was even a band. Sorry for the bad shot - I was run/walk/jogging, LOL

Felt good finishing!

Race is over ... time to "get silly"!

You've got to end every event with "The Electric Slide" - it's tradition.

 

 

And of course at every event there's a ton of pride but I have to send a "Hey Bella" shout out my Bmore Hon's!

Uber fab if I must say so!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger