Recent Articles

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Good Model, Wrong Shot - Crystal Renn for Vogue Paris

Vogue Paris is celebrating its 90th anniversary issue this month and guess who's in it!

Our plus-size ambassador Crystal Renn.

I will be the first to say I am extremely proud that finally a model of some size is making clear movements in the fashion industry. However I really wish that Crystal would realize that she is our quarterback in the game.

This right here is a FUMBLE! I'm calling a FLAG ON THE PLAY! The fashion story was shot by Terry Richardson and it's quite disturbing. The title of the spread is FESTIN, which is French for feast. In theory, I love the concept. But was food really necessary. These same shots with perhaps clothes symbolizing the gluttony of fashion would have been sufficient. But perhaps they were thinking that had been done several times before. As a photographer, I try to look at EVERY aspect of the image. So yes the flash lighting is different, photoshop was used in moderation, and the colors are vibrant but - FOOD? The spaghetti shot just ruffles my skirt!  




Maybe I'm wrong? What do you think?

1 comments:

Miss.Yaya said...

I don't like the concept. Most images look like they're meant to be in Maxim with the childish sexual innuendo... Vogue - you can do better!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger