Recent Articles

Thursday, April 22, 2010

“Why Can’t A Successful Black Woman Find A Man”


Last night ABC’s Nightline aired a discussion panel titled “Why Can’t A Successful Black Woman Find A Man” with co host Steve Harvey and panelists Sherri Shephard, Jacque Reid, Jimi Izreal, and Hill Harper. I've always find this topic interesting because most of the women I know in my generation are single women. I have plenty of single friends, single cousins, and single associates. So I wonder often is being single and black really an issue? Or is this just a trendy topic for the moment.

 

 

 

 

Are black women looking for an ideal that doesn't exist? Are black women impatient, bitter, or just too damn talkative? Or are black men afraid of commitment? Are they just habitual cheaters and liars?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Watch and Comment!











(Thanks NecoleBitchie)

Don't miss a blog post! Enter your email address:


3 comments:

aardoin said...

OMG! I am so tired of hearing about this. I believe that its just a trending topic right now and it can be an issue if you make it one. I mean really...who has time to sit around and worry about not having a man. I am a young, smart, Christian woman and I am enjoying being singe. I'm not concerned about all the "mean cheat, half are locked up and there are no good men" hoopla. God has a plan for all of us and what is meant to be will be regardless of any of those factors. There is no pointing in sitting around and dwelling on it. Plus, the bible says a "man findeth a wife" not the opposite, so maybe some of these women should stop trying to find a man and let him find them.

aardoin said...

oooppps! Made a few typos * men *point

iamtybrown said...

For me the issue isn't that there are so many black women "single" (professional or otherwise) its the fact that our next generation of children will not know the value of family! As a race we have accomplished so much professionally we sacrificed family. I think one of the audience members made a good point - perhaps we can't have it all. The career, the husband, and the kids! Its a trendy topic now but when the generation before us moves on where is our family?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger