Recent Articles

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tailor Made for Me

I rarely share photos of myself on my blog but when I put on my custom made dress handcrafted by my dear designer friend, Paco Rogiene, I felt amazing! Anyone who knows me knows I am the girl that NEVER wears dresses, would prefer flip flops or Louboutins, and rocks a mean snatch back ponytail.

Don't get me wrong I AM in love with fashion, just on other people. You know sometimes it hurts to be that beautiful and no one wakes up that way. So on most days where no event is on my schedule my bf affectionately refers to me as Plain Jane, or Homie Helen.

That is until this past Sunday at my friends wedding. I totally get it now. It makes perfect sense. You know that feeling of "everyone's watching me in this dress and it feels really good". Well that's the cloud I rode that day. I so understand the importance of custom made clothes. It fits perfectly and believe me I was way over excited because NOTHING fits me perfect. Its usually too much crouch, not even booty space, never even room for my ta-tas and always manages to shrink.

But not this eggplant jersey knit dress! It hugged all the right curves and managed to hide the muffin top. I was a little worried because Paco has never made any clothes for a woman of size. Just your little itty bitty negative 0 sizes that only 4% of America actually can wear. But as the true talent he is, just 4 days later a master piece was created. Naturally I copied the design from a Barbie outfit but I think I am now inspired to illustrate a few plus size dresses for all of you divas out there. No this doesn't mean I am a designer now (although I have thought about it), I just want you to feel as good as I did that did.

Believe me, I am never buying another store brought dress again. Check out my candids and let me know what you think? I love comments but please be nice.

Yes I have a kitty! Don't all the sweet gals have a kitty.

Yes I was in the bathroom - those are the best pics! Who cares, thanks to 4 days at Brick Bodies my muffin top is finally tamed, sheesh! **wipes forehead**

S/O to my BFF (I am sure she will be mad I posted this one but she's no photographer and my solo picture is trash!)


Don't miss a blog post! Enter your email address:

 

3 comments:

NatalieEstelle said...

I know your BFF, we went to high school together. I am a plus size sista as well here in Balitmore and would love to know more about your tailor made dress.

ohbaltimore said...

The dress looks great! I'm going to have to check out Paco myself.

HeyBella said...

Paco is the best! Catch him soon - he's moving to NYC!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger